In Bhutan, the tourist tariff is set by the Royal Government in an all-inclusive package structure.(NOT APPLICABLE for travellers belonging to India, Bangladesh and Maldives).
The Government fixed minimum package tariff for tourists visiting in a group of three persons or more are as follows:
- For March, April, May, September, October & November = US $ 185/ per person per night. PLUS Government Tax = US $ 65/ per person per night.
- For January, February, June, July, August & December = US $ 135/ per person per night. PLUS Government Tax = US $ 65/per person per night. This tariff is the same for cultural tours, treks or any other special interest tours.
- Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons are subject to the following surcharges, over and above the minimum daily package tariff:
- FIT surcharge for 01 pax = US $ 40/ per night
- FIT surcharge for 02 pax = US $ 30/ per person per night
- There is no surcharge for three pax and above.
- Additional surcharge of USD 40/ per person per night will be applicable for trek nights only for a group comprising of less than 3 people.
- Single supplement of USD 40/ per person per night.
- Visa Fee of US $ 40/ per person will be applicable.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows :
(a) Within 30 days of the start of the tour programme: Free
(b) Within 21 days: 10% of the rate
(c) Within 14 days:15% of the rate
(d) Within 7 days: 30% of the rate
(e) Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 50%of the rate
(f) After arrival in Bhutan: 100%
The Government set package tariff do not include any Travel Insurance. It is imperative that tourists have full comprehensive insurance cover to protect against unforeseen accidents and mishaps. Such policies are not available in Bhutan. The insurance policy should adequately cover baggage and travel delays etc., helicopter evacuation, transportation and medical assistance incase of treks.
Delayed Arrival / Departure
There shall be no charge for the number of days of delays in arrival or departure of visitors due to weather conditions, Druk Air problems or road blocks. They will be charged only the actual expenses on accomodation, food, transport and any other services required.
Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates. This discount is subject to approval from Tourism Council of Bhutan, Royal Government of Bhutan.
There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years (only Visa fee & Tourism Development fee payable). However, those between the age of 6 to 12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
Remittance of Tour Payment
Entire tour payment must be settled at least 6 weeks prior to date of arrival in Bhutan and VISA is cleared by Government subject to advance payment only. Please deposit / transfer the payment to following Bank :
Copy of this bank transfer shall be emailed / faxed to us for necessary follow-up with the Bank.
All rates and conditions applied above are subject to change depending upon the policies of the Royal Government of Bhutan.